Sunday, November 23, 2008

Brighton Beach....and then there were eight....



Today, my proverbial line was crossed. From cold good, to cold still really F'n cold.

Last week was fantastic--I swam for an hour in the glorious rolling waves, crazy wind, and had a grand old time. Felt like I could have stayed for hours, but didn't want to push John too far on that side of slurry. Readings averaged around 52F last week. Today it had dropped 10F in water temp, a 1,000 degree drop in comfort, as far as my toes were concerned. We stayed in for about 20 minutes, and I couldn't make it to the sauna fast enough.

Bonaire, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! this is great! love your photos, and the writing is great--so cool to read! makes me miss good ol' coney and gang. You are the one who could take photos of meets and make them actually look fun. And now you will make many flock to ice water! maybe. So glad you're blogging, looking forward to it! xoxo